- If the vision inspection rejects a piece, that pallet is diverted to a reject conveyor immediately after the vision inspection area where a robot disposes of the faulty piece.
- Pallets of good parts travel to the pack out area.
- The glassware is picked from the fixture pallets with the Case Packing Robot equipped with a pack pattern specific-multiple gripper end effector.
- The glassware is placed in single layers in the case packing equipment and separated by a sheet of paper that is placed on top of each layer.
- Once the first half “stack” of glassware is complete, it is transferred in to the case, or box, and a corrugated separator is inserted.
- The second half “stack” is then transferred in to the case and exits the pack out area, where it is automatically strapped, closed, and exits the system.