Standard Patient Positioning System
Forte's Standard PPS General Specs include
- .5mm accuracy
- .1mm accuracy with addition of in-room camera
- Pit mounted (Standard PPS) or Floor Mounted (Column PPS)
- Full integration to room control system and in room imaging systems
- Ability to route medical gas, Ethernet and power through arm to reach patient
- Touch sensors
- FDA 510k
- SCARA 6 Degrees of Freedom Design
- Capable of supporting Auto Docking with addition of in floor camera
Column Patient Positioning System
Chair Patient Positioning System
A vertical C-T scan is exactly what you think. Instead of lying down in that small tube, which many complain is claustrophobic, the patient is sitting upright. Forte Patient Positioning Systems can be fitted with a chair attachment to easily facilitate vertical scans.
Besides the bonus of being more comfortable for the patient, doctors say more importantly, the vertical C-T scan allows them to treat the lung cancer with precision they've never had before. That’s because when the patient is scanned lying down, that apparently causes the tumors to move with the motion in the lungs. Research shows that's not the case when sitting upright.