- Large steel slabs are processed by scarfing with the Forte Remote Robotic Steel Scarfing System
- 16’ x 6-1/2’ x 8-1/2” thick steel slabs are moved in to the processing position via an overhead crane, onto one of two slab rail cars
- The complete Forte scarfing system is remotely controlled by an operator in an air conditioned pulpit with multi-screen video monitoring of the robot, torch, and slab cars.
- The operator sits in a swivel armchair complete with joystick control for the robot and both slab cars along with PLC/HMI control of the scarfing process
- The 6-axis robot swivels 180 degrees to access each of the opposing slab cars
- The robot moves parallel to the slab using a servo controlled 7th axis cart that rides on rails during the multi-pass scarfing process
- The special custom design of the Forte Scarfing Robot allows a 24-7 operation in this harsh environment
- Operator efficiency, comfort, and safety are greatly improved by removing the operator from the harsh scarfing environment and allowing them to operate the complete process from a remote climate controlled location.